This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.
“The Tombs of Buganda Kings at Kasubi constitute a site embracing almost 30 ha of hillside within Kampala district. At its core on the hilltop is the former palace of the Kabakas of Buganda, built in 1882 and converted into the royal burial ground in 1884. Four royal tombs now lie within the Muzibu Azaala Mpanga, the main building, which is circular and surmounted by a dome. On 16 March 2010, the Kasubi tombs were destroyed by fire. The cause of the fire is as yet unknown.” More information via the World Heritage Centre.